THE GIRO D’ITALIA 2024 BACK IN ABRUZZO we will know soon.
THE TOUR DE FRANCE 2024 STARTS IN ITALY JOIN US FOR A UNIQUE 7 DAY TOUR AND SEE A FINISH AND A START PLUS EXPERIENCE ITALIAN WINE, FOOD AND ITALIAN HOSPITALITY. A PERFECT PARTNERSHIP.
2024 – Giro d’Italia
Low Transferrable Deposit
- Check out our 5 or 7 night packages, including Airport transfers, hotel, wine tasting, cake, pizza and much more.
- Visit the vineyards and test their organic wine*
- – all-inclusive 5 night break was €1495, now only €1250*
- – all-inclusive 7 night break was €1995, now only €1750*
- – Book today and reserve you place.
With these irresistible offers, so why wouldn’t you want to join us in 2024.
*Terms & Conditions apply. All deposits are transferrable to another date, if travel is not permitted due to Covid-19 restrictions.
These are special rates & spaces are limited, so please book early to avoid disappointment
The Giro d’Italia 2022 route was brilliant. Everyone was able to climb up to The Blockhaus/Mamarosa finish and as an added bonus we watched the teams stream through Passo Lanciano before the mountain “sprint” finish on the 15th May. Monday was a rest day for the pro teams but that did not stop some of them taking a swim, yes a swim in the Adriatic. It will have been chilly as the snow melting water flows into the sea from the mountain the teams climbed the previous day. We took the team on a warmer cycling and visited a medieval castle whilst looking out for any pro teams on their “rest day”. OnTuesday we saw the teams sign on in Pescara and meet local cycling stars including a former Giro d’Italia winner. The 2023 route will not be announced until later in the year and we are expecting it to visit Abruzzo or nearby. So contact us to reserve you place for 2023. We already have recieved requests from the USA to visit in 2023 following this years Giro d’Italia so reserve your place as spaces are limited.
Jacko and his cycling friends visited Abruzzo for the first time. All experienced tour cyclists who have cycled in many places of the world. He was kind enough to send us their thoughts –
“Kevin, Debbie and the Giro D’Abruzzo team provided a fantastic cycling experience for us. Their guiding, route selection and flexibility were all first class. Seeing two stages of the Giro D’Italia up close and personal (how many cycling tours can offer a personal meeting and photocall with an ex Giro winner?!) was an exciting and memorable backdrop to our own cycling efforts. The area offers such variety on two wheels – coastal plain, undulating foothills and mountain – bizarrely it is a hitherto relatively unknown cycling venue for UK based cyclists. The hotel accommodation was ‘on the money’ too. I will be strongly recommending a cycling tour with Giro D’Abruzzo to friends and clients alike. Eccellente!”
The team at Giro d’Abruzzo had a fantastic adventure being part of the Giro d’Italia 2019 with Mick F & guests, who said;
” It was the best Giro d’Italia trip and experience I’ve ever had and this was my 8th trip.
I will be planning on returning and booking with Giro d’Abruzzo in 2020.”
[Due to Covid travel restrictions Mick F was unable to travel to see the Giro d’Italia in 2020 nor 2021 but is planning to be out in Abruzzo in 2022].
2020 Giro d’Italia
Again, we were part of history, being involved in three stages of Giro d’Italia 2020.
We saw the start and cycled the finishing stage, joined in the celebrations at the finish.
Cycled the roads Pro’s had cycled on, only minutes before.
Lots of local food, drink and met with former Pro-riders.
Our experience 2018, 2019 & 2020
- At the start of a stage, watched the sign on and media interviews in the VIP area and rode next to the Pro riders on the warm up roads.
- Saw finishing stages and got involved with the local celebrations.
- Involved in the hype, hustle and craziness of the event and interviewed the Giro ‘d Abruzzo team members and guests were interviewed by National TV.
- Cycled through breathtaking towns and villages on quiet, cycle friendly roads.
- Cycled closed roads before the riders approached, travelling through stunning scenery, before cycling up the finishing straight not once but twice!!
- Experienced and discovered what it feels to cycle into the finish area, act like a pro and show no pain. Most of all we all had fun, smiled at the experience and have long lasting memories to relive.
- Rode our bikes in great weather, had fun, got swept up in the excitement of all three stages plus collected as much memorabilia as possible.
- Lots of local food, drink, wine and of course coffee and cake.